Saturday, March 21, 2009

After 9 months of waiting, surrounded by pictures of a loving family, this morning it becomes a reality for Camille.

It took a while for her to warm up to Mark and Regina.







In each picture she kept ootsing closer and closer, until she rested her hand gently on Regina's leg.

It wasn't long before she was on Regina's lap....








...and then eating with us.















Finally, when we got up from the table, she put her head down on her Forever Mother's shoulder, and gave her a big hug.

The next step is obviously Skyping! with grandma and grandpa, brothers and sister in LA, right?

They're staying at Las Brises, nearby, and Aubrey took this picture there. It makes me think of Psalm 23 as a prayer for Camille:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside still waters,
He restores my soul.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria Namuco Smith said...

Thank you so much for the documentation of such a priceless and momentous time between Camille, Regina and Mark. I am a childhood friend of Regina's (since we were 9!) and I am so glad to be able to witness this all the way from Sacramento, California. Thank you also for the inclusion of the Psalm. It's a perfect reference for the path that the Sorianos and their loved ones have have traveled! Blessings to you and your work. I am in awe and inspired.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Gayle Maningo De Leon said...

Thank you for sharing Camille's precious bonding moments with her wonderful parents. I am a childhood friend of Mark's and met Regina when they started dating back in high school. I am witness to them being a truly loving couple raising a wonderful and happy family. Camille is truly blessed to become a part of the Soriano clan!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home