Thursday, May 24, 2007

The memorial services for Dennis Gunderson were times of deep com-munion...





...pain, joy and worship.



















How can grief--so, so deep--be accom-panied by such joy?








We have been so well-cared-for by friends and family, church-mates and people from all around the world.



And there is no question that our pain draws us toward one another for comfort and comforting.

I want to include here an excerpt from an email we received from a friend who attended the memorial:

"I enjoyed every minute of the ceremony although I found myself in tears. It was so emotional not only because it is inevitably painful but also because the atmosphere in the church was overwhelming. The spirituality was at its highest culminating point. I had never witnessed that before and I thank you for being part of this wonderful demonstration of love. I admire your strength that obviously finds its source in your faith in God."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home