Monday, October 23, 2006

Friday night we stayed on Charlie and Barbara Versaw's potato farm, between Center and Hooper, Colorado. They have milk cows (I think that's the first time I've milked since leaving the farm in B.C. when I was 13), sheep, chickens, pigs, and the whole deal. I got up early with Charlie and did the round of chores. He would stop with every cat and dog that came up to us and give an affectionate scritchle.

Their 15-year-0ld, Luke, was one of the earliest adoptions from our home, back in 1993. They reminded of us getting stopped on the way to the airport, and trying to figure out why the police had pulled us over.

Luke is very musical and played the guitar and trumpet for us. I have a wonderful clip of him playing the Doxology that I'll show at the baby home when we get back. (If I could figure it out, I'd put it on the net somehow so you all could listen.)

Aubrey had a great time going around the different animals with him and learning about them, feeding them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home